November 6, 2014 by Dr. Robbie Barber
After teaching a wonderful group of educators today, I thought I’d summarize the lessons learned from teaching Twitter chat.
1. Share common abbreviations. In education Twitter chats, the most common ones are: Ts = Teachers, Ss = Students, Ps = Parents, As = Administrators.
2. Search for the hashtag you wish to follow. For our chat today, we used #gaetc14chat. Search the whole thing including the hashtag (number sign).
3. You must make sure the privacy setting doesn’t have Tweets limited. AND, it’s different to find the settings -> account -> privacy on the laptop, iPhone and Androids.
4. You can delete a tweet. We tried! Others may have read it, others may screenshot it, but you can delete a tweet you sent.
5. Friends don’t let friends remain eggheads. Put a selfie, favorite picture or a picture of your dog(!) in your account.
7. Be Personable, Not Personal.